Apparently my brother and I are absolutely crazy because on the only day of the year where it is socially acceptable to eat three kinds of pie in one sitting we will be waking up super early and walking in our city’s annual Turkey Trot. Considering the nice weather we had on Monday I have a feeling we are going to get snowy surprise tomorrow combined with the dropping temperatures, I have a feeling we may need more than a hat to keep warm (which reminds me I must buy hand warmers!).
1 Sheet of Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Brown Felt
Embroidery Floss or 2-Ply Yarn in Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Brown
2 Googly Eyes
Brown Crochet Beanie
Hot Glue Gun and Glue
Turkey Hat Template
- Cut out the pieces of the turkey hat template, trace on the appropriate color felt and cut out all the pieces.
- Take two of the feather shaped pieces of felt in the same color and hot glue together, leaving the bottom of the feather open. Take a pieces of floral wire, twice the length of the feather, fold the wire in half and twist the bottom. Then insert the floral wire through the opening in the bottom of the feather and glue the bottom of the feather to close. Repeat with the remaining feather colors.
- Hot glue the beak, gobbler and goggly eyes on the brown head piece of felt.
- Using 2-ply yarn in brown, sew the decorated turkey head on the front of the brown crochet beanie.
- Sew the yellow feather on back of the crochet beanie using yellow 2-ply yarn. Repeat the process with the red and blue feathers.
- Place the orange feather on top of the red and yellow feather and sew it on to the beanie, through the other feathers.
- Place the green feather on top of the yellow and blue feather and sew it on to the beanie, through the other feathers.