Valentine’s Day is almost here, which means time for alloftheheartshapedthings!! For the past few years I have been making heart shaped pizza topped with pepperoni hearts. Besides being delicious because its’ pizza – duh! It is also super cute! Last year someone asked where they could buy pepperoni hearts and grocery stores stock some crazy holiday themed items, but I have yet to stumble across pepperoni hearts. Don’t worry! They are super easy to make and you don’t need a cookie cutter or anything fancy, just a clean pair of kitchen scissors and your favorite pepperoni. I’m going to list out the steps, but they are so easy, you probably won’t need them — you got this!! Can’t wait to see all of your Heart Shaped Pepperoni Pizzas!
Refrigerated Pre-Made Pizza Dough
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Let pizza dough come to room temperature for at least an hour, you need the dough to be soft and pliable.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using kitchen scissors, fold a piece of pepperoni in half and cut out a half heart shape just like you did in elementary school when you made valentines, when you unfold the pepperoni, you will have a heart. Repeat until you have a desired amount of pepperoni hearts.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place pizza dough on to the parchment lined baking sheet and shape your dough into a heart. If the dough isn’t cooperating, it is too cold, let it rest for 15 minutes and try again.
- Using a fork, dock the pizza dough i.e. poke holes in the top of the pizza to stop the areas where you will put sauce from rising during the first bake.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the bottom has started to turn golden brown.
- Remove pizza from oven and top with sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Return the pizza to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and the dough is cooked through, approximately 10 minutes.
- Allow pizza to cool for a few minutes, slice and enjoy!
If you have a special someone who won’t be able to make your pizza party, here’s a cute snail mail surprise you can send to them…grab a gift card to a pizza place, snag a cute card – bonus points if it comes with an adorable enamel pin (I found the one pictured at Home Goods, but this one and this one are super cute too!) and send some snail mail love!