I am surprised that the Flamingo craze has yet to die down, but I can’t really blame anyone, since they are just so darn fun and fabulous! I crafted these hats a few years ago and never shared the tutorial on the blog, so today is the day!
Pink Polka Dot Party Hats (Target no longer sells these, but Hobby Lobby has a variety pack with pink hats)
Pink, White and Black Card Stock
Flamingo Template (link at the bottom of post)
Double Sided Tape
Hot Glue Gun and Glue
- Print out the template provided and using scissors cut out the template shapes.
- Trace the template shapes onto the appropriate colored card stock — the flamingo head on pink cardstock twice, the face details on white cardstock and the beak on black cardstock — then cut out the shapes using scissors staying on the inside of the lines.
- Assemble the pieces of cardstock and adhere together using double sided tape.
- Using a black sharpie add an eye to the flamingo head.
- Make a bend (approximately 1/2″) at the bottom of the flamingo neck, insert the bent part of the cardstock into the slit on the side of the party hat to see where it looks best.
- Once you are satisfied with the placement, apply double sided tape to the folded part of the card stock and secure it to the inside of the hat.
- Using hot glue, attach a few feathers on the side of the hat to resemble wings.
- Place the party hat on top of your head and let’s flamingle!