We couldn’t celebrate Captain Parm’s First BARKday without a cake and a cute cake at that! The doodles love the dog biscuits from Best Buns Bakery, so I called them to see if they could make Captain a supersized one for his birthday and they were more than happy too! I added a little bit of royal icing and sprinkles to jazz it up. We served it on paper plates to all the dogs at the PAWty and it was the cutest thing to see them gobble it all up!
Large Dog Bone Biscuit
Blue Food Coloring
Tipless Piping Bag
- Bake or purchase a large dog bone biscuit. There are several wonderful recipes on Pinterest, you can choose one you think your pup will like best. I purchased my dog biscuit from Best Buns and if you are local to Arlington, Virginia I am sure they would bake one for you too.
- Tint the royal icing your desired color, I choose blue, and add it to a tipless piping bag.
- Pipe your happy birthday phrase on to a cake plate, leaving room for the dog bone.
- Add a bit of royal icing to the bottom side of the biscuit and attach to the cake plate.
- Drizzle royal icing along the side of the dog bone and add sprinkles.
I felt comfortable feeding my doodles a small amount of sugar in the sprinkles and icing, as well as, the food coloring and powdered egg whites contained in meringue powder, however, you may not feel the same, so please use your best judgment when feeding your dog.