Captain Parm’s First BARKday was so much fun! It was Tennis themed and we hosted it at a dog gym in Alexandria. We couldn’t send his FURiends home with out a PAWty favor, so I painted these dog bone gift tags and personalized them with each pups name, it was the PAWfect party favor!
Paper and Black Marker
Drill, 3/64″ Drill Bit, Clamp and Piece of Scrap Wood
- Clamp several of the dog bone wood shapes to your piece of scrap wood. Drill two holes in the top left and right sides of the dog bone. These holes will be used to attach the dog bone to the gift basket, but you can skip this step and also hot glue the bones to attach them.
- Paint the bog bone shape with neon green paint and let dry.
- Add imperfect white stripes to the dog bone. Simply drag your paintbrush across the bone, don’t worry too much about getting the lines perfectly straight, the imperfectness will add to the whimsy.
- On a piece of white paper, use a black marker to write out the names of the dogs.
- Scan the paper with the names and upload it to your computer. Then convert the image into an SVG file.
- Upload the SVG file into Cricut Design Space and cut the names out of black vinyl.
- Apply the vinyl names to the dog bones when they are dry and attach to the gift basket.
If you are looking to recreate these PAWty favors for your pup’s BARKday, I purchased the white baskets are from The Dollar Tree, they are actually trash cans. The Dollar Tree is one of my favorite places to shop for party supplies, you just need to be selective and add your own touch to the products to make them really pop! I wanted the baskets to be used for toy storage when the pups took them home, so I attached the dog bone gift tags to the trash cans using clear zip ties to ensure that they would not fall off. As for the tennis balls, I found this company that sells used tennis balls and they are very affordable, I purchased the A grade tennis balls via Ebay from Recycleballs. They were in pristine condition and the company’s customer services is amazing! I also packaged up a dog bone biscuit from Best Buns Bakery and tossed them in the basket because the best PAWty favors have treats and toys!