Are you ready for some footballllllll! Honestly, I am just tuning in for the commercials and the halftime show, football games were a blast in college, but I have never been a super fan. However, I am a super fan of parties and themes and decorated desserts! Last year I made this giant cereal treat and decorated it like a football field, it is easier than decorating a ton of cookies and you can slice it like a pie to serve.
3 Tablespoons of Butter
4 Cups of Mini Marshmallows
3 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
Round Pan or Dish (I used this one from Crate and Barrel)
Rainbow Nonpareil Sprinkles
Buttercream Frosting (I love Jenny Cookies recipe, but store bought will work too!)
Gel Food Coloring in Green and Brown
Tipless Piping Bags
- Spray your round pan/dish with cooking spray and set aside
- Place butter and marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on hight for 2 minutes, stir and microwave for an additional minute. Stir mixture until smooth and then pour in the cereal, stir until cereal is coated in the melted marshmallow mixture. Pour into the prepared pan. Using a piece of wax paper, press the cereal mixture into the pan and smooth.
- Take a piece of wax paper and cover half of the cereal treat, pour and press the sprinkles onto the cereal treat to create the fans in the stadium. You may want to do this over a sink or place the round dish/pan in a large cookie sheet to catch the extra sprinkles.
- While the cereal treat cools, divide your frosting into thirds, filling one piping bag with white frosting and placing the remaining frosting in two small bowls. Add a few drops of green gel food coloring to one bowl and mix to create green frosting. Repeat this step with the remaining bowl of frosting and the brown food gel. Place the brown frosting into a piping bag.
- Spread the green frosting on the uncovered half of the cereal treat.
- Using your brown frosting create a football and add the white lacing details using your white frosting, then using the white frosting again to pipe a goal post. Tip: You can draw out where you want your football and goal post before piping by using a toothpick, if you mess up simply smooth out the green frosting and draw it again. Buttercream is very forgiving!