We are nearing the end of April and that means that school is almost out for the summer! Children are ecstatic, teachers are thrilled and most parents are griping about the cost of summer camps. One thing to check off the to do list before that last school bell rings is properly thanking and appreciating the teacher who helped guide your child through the school year. I don’t have children (unless we count the Doodles!), but I have several teacher friends and one thing is clear NO MORE MUGS! So I don’t know what you will be wrapping up or putting inside that gift bag, but I do have a cute idea for how to gift it…DIY Painted Pencil Gift Tags!
Wood Gift Tags
- Paint a thin black strip on the tapered end of the wooden gift tag.
- Starting on the opposite end paint two-thirds of the wooden gift tag yellow making a zig zag pattern like shown in the photos.
- After the yellow paint has dried, add a thick line of pink to the end of the wooden gift tag.
- After the pink paint has dried using a Silver Sharpie draw a think zig zag line over the spot where the yellow and pink paint meet.
- Using a paint pen write a cute phrase (#1 Teacher, A+ Teacher, Many Thanks, Best Year Ever) or a teacher’s name.